Thursday, July 14, 2011

We found a park!!!




Yay! We went on a family walk last night and ran into a park! And it had a playground! Now I don't feel like I have to be so hovering. I have been super paranoid about letting Calem get too far away from me. With a mixture of feeling helpless (no speaking skills and nowhere to turn to) and Calem's internal "street magnet", I have become a hover-er. Now, I can let him run and run and run. Ahhh! It feels good!

So this playset is kinda scary. Not that it's rickety or anything, it's just made for bigger kids. Luckily Calem thinks he's an acrobat and doesn't mind stepping on just rope. I'll have to get a pic, it kinda freaks me out, but he has only fallen once on the plank bridge.The first little while, Calem didn't know what to think of the kids. He is usually VERY social, but just when he starts understanding words, we yank him out of the U.S. and now he is quite confused as to why they are talking so strange. Today- he got over it.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yay for parks! Calem is such a cute kid! I'm glad you found an outlet for your mother hover!